2017 has been good to us at in2vate. From system upgrades to new tools – we can’t complain! Here are some big highlights we are eager to share with you.
Introducing: The Assessment Tool
This year our office has been buzzing with the launch of the Assessment Tool. Its capacity to gather and collate hybrid data into an understandable format has been exciting to explore with some of our first clients to utilize it. It’s already been a year and we are still excited; looks like this honeymoon phase is going to last.
This time last year, we were packing boxes and furniture to move into our new space at 401 S. Boston Avenue. We are partnering with our clients to make risk management simple from Downtown Tulsa’s historic Mid-Continent Tower. Great co-workers, great clients, great new view. Can it get any better?
in2vate was featured as one of CIOReview’s 20 Most Promising Insurance Technology Solution Providers of 2017!
2017 has seen an exciting increase in the number of training modules assigned and completed globally. Training assignments increased by 34%, and training completions increased by 19% compared to last year – and that’s after removing outlier data from a major client transition to our system! Also, our database also houses well over 3 million training records – a 68% increase since 2016.
We launched our blog later in the year and post content ranging from industry trends to re-thinking risk management. Oh, and not to mention, our wildly successful Employment Practices Gap Analysis Case Study has been a hit as one of our most popular pieces of content.
We have a saying around here: “If in2vate Online™ ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” As the engine behind our tools and services, we decided it was time to pamper – we are upgrading the system to the most recent version of ColdFusion. This means we are at the top of our game when it comes to our system’s speed and security.
We’ve expanded our team in the areas of customer service, content management, module development, sales, marketing, and programming. So, in other words, bring it on 2018!
Feature/Training Module Updates
- Active/Inactive and database ID columns added to Online Training Report Export.
- Training assignment process includes drop down calendar and expanded space for due date selection.
- Individual User Selection for training assignments now includes email address and username search criteria.
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination (Higher Ed) – Original SmartTrain modules were retired for new modules that are niched for Higher Ed. Deployed new Supervisor and Employee versions with the Supervisor content incorporating the Five Core Principles of Smart Risk Management®.
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination (K-12) – Original SmartTrain modules were retired for new modules niched for K-12. Deployed new Supervisor and Employee versions with the Supervisor content incorporating the Five Core Principles of Smart Risk Management®.
- Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination – Replaced by Sexual Harassment and Discrimination – Supervisors.
- Workers’ Compensation Essentials – Newly developed module for managers to serve as a pre-requisite module to “Workers Compensation – Advanced (FMLA, ADA, ADAAA)”.
- Unsafe Acts – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Wrongful Termination – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Smart Hiring – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- HR Assessments – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Ethics in Action – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Diversity – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Violence Prevention – Content vetted and updated as needed. Given a fresh look.
- Top 5 Training Modules & Number of Assignments:
- California AB1432 Mandated Reporter Training – 54,921 modules assigned.
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination – 15,012 modules assigned.
- Bloodborne Pathogens – 9,281 modules assigned.
- California AB1432 Mandated Reporter Training (Human Trafficking) – 8,790 modules assigned.
- Back Safety Training – 8,728 modules assigned.
- Active Users – 393,751
- Top Customer Service needs: user ID and password retrieval, outdated Flash Player complications, and user error.
- Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Microsoft IE 11 Browsers account for about 88% of logins in 2017.